- Attended University of Wisconsin Law School, 1991-94;
- Interned for Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, June-Dec, 1992;
- Work for the Law Firm Melli, Walker, Pease & Ruhly, Madison, 1993-94;
- Published article on trends in litigation by environmental groups in Wisconsin Law Review, 1993;
- Clerked at La Crosse County Circuit Court (Wisconsin) upon graduation, 1994-95;
- Began editing judicial opinions for West Publishing, St. Paul, 1995- ;
- Trains legal editors for Thomson West Group, St. Paul, 2000-09.
- Reviews legal editorial work for Thomson Reuters, St. Paul, 2009- .